Simplicity is everything.

I'm using a multiline EditText with the input type set to None so the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have the EditText added to the Panel of a ScrollView because the text is quite a few pages long. Does an EditText have a scrollbar built-in?

There is no reason to edit the text. I don't use a multiline label just for simplicity. The file is a text file created sometime in the early 1980s that I just want to look at from my phone instead of having to power up my laptop each time. The text file has wraparound long lines and carriage return-linefeed terminated lines I considered using a List, but the formatting might not be quite right. A Webview would work, but then I'd have to escape any HTML reserved characters.

Simplicity is everything :).

I'm using a multiline EditText with the input type set to None so the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have the EditText added to the Panel of a ScrollView because the text is quite a few pages long. Does an EditText have a scrollbar built-in?

There is no reason to edit the text. I don't use a multiline label just for simplicity. The file is a text file created sometime in the early 1980s that I just want to look at from my phone instead of having to power up my laptop each time. The text file has wraparound long lines and carriage return-linefeed terminated lines I considered using a List, but the formatting might not be quite right. A Webview would work, but then I'd have to escape any HTML reserved characters.

Simplicity is everything :).

I'm using a multiline EditText with the input type set to None so the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have the EditText added to the Panel of a ScrollView because the text is quite a few pages long. Does an EditText have a scrollbar built-in?

There is no reason to edit the text. I don't use a multiline label just for simplicity. The file is a text file created sometime in the early 1980s that I just want to look at from my phone instead of having to power up my laptop each time. The text file has wraparound long lines and carriage return-linefeed terminated lines I considered using a List, but the formatting might not be quite right. A Webview would work, but then I'd have to escape any HTML reserved characters.

Simplicity is everything :).

I'm using a multiline EditText with the input type set to None so the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have the EditText added to the Panel of a ScrollView because the text is quite a few pages long. Does an EditText have a scrollbar built-in?

There is no reason to edit the text. I don't use a multiline label just for simplicity. The file is a text file created sometime in the early 1980s that I just want to look at from my phone instead of having to power up my laptop each time. The text file has wraparound long lines and carriage return-linefeed terminated lines I considered using a List, but the formatting might not be quite right. A Webview would work, but then I'd have to escape any HTML reserved characters.